Skip to main content

Fiancé (e) Visa

Information of the Fiancé (e) Visa.

If you are a U.S. citizen and you have a fiancé(e) in a different country and you plan to come and live in the U.S. the fiancé visa of K1 will be your best option.

Petition/requirements for a fiancé(e) visa or K1

  • The petitioner is a U.S. citizen.
  • You have an honest relationship.
  • You intend to marry 90 days of your fiancé(e) entering the U.S.
  • You and your fiancé(e) are both free to marry and any previous marriages must have been legally terminated by divorce, death, or annulment.
  • You met each other in person at least once within 2 years of filing your petition.

When and if the government approves the fiancé(e) visa or K1

  • A fiancé(e) visa or a K1 allows for a foreign national to marry a U.S. citizen within the 90 days of his or her arrival.
  • After marriage, the foreign national will apply for the adjustment status to a permanent resident via the U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS).
  • The fiancé(e) is required to pass certain requirements of an immigration visa.
  • Two exceptions that require a waiver.
  • If the requirement to meet would violate strict and long-established customs of your or your fiancé(e)’s foreign culture or social practice.
  • If you prove that the requirement to meet would result in extreme hardship to you.

Fiancé(e) visa lawyer serving in Tampa, Lakeland and Brandon

The process for a Fiancé(e) or K1 visa may be slowed down due to extraneous administrative processing taking place after the initial interview with the consulate officer. To learn more about fiancé visas, get in touch with an immigration lawyer for expert assistance. In Ardila Law Firm will expertly guide you through the long list of requirements, applications, and other procedures to minimize the difficulties associated with the Fiancé(e) or K1 visa process. At Ardila Law Firm in Brandon FL., we will assist throughout the entire fiancé(e) or K1 visa process to ensure that the application completed correctly and on time. Our firm takes a great pride in our ability to provide honest representation and excellent service to our clients. Visit or call our firm office today.